Comprehensive Legal Representation for Over 15 Years

Divorce Attorney in Binghamton and Hancock, NY

Attorney James D. Ward, Esq. provides experienced legal consultation and representation for divorce cases. For over 15 years, we’ve helped clients throughout Broome, Tioga and surrounding areas—including Binghamton, Johnson City, Endwell, Endicott, Apalachin, Owego, Nichols, Chenango Bridge, Chenango Forks, Kirkwood, Conklin, Hancock, Vestal and Windsor —get the representation they need to resolve divorce proceedings and negotiate a fair split of assets, alimony payout and arrangements for child support and custody. We have offices in Binghamton and Hancock for your convenience.

Getting a divorce can be an extremely stressful process, which is why you need an attorney who will listen to all your concerns and questions can address them in a way that keeps you informed and calm. That’s why James D. Ward is committed to providing personalized and comprehensive legal representation throughout your divorce proceedings. From filing paperwork to confirming a court date and even negotiating alimony, we’ll take special care in handling your case because your satisfaction is our highest priority.

Division of Property and Finances

When you and your spouse share equal responsibility of finances, it can be difficult to fairly split up finances and assets such as your home, vehicles, furniture, credit and more so that you receive what you need. Attorney James D. Ward can help you negotiate a favorable outcome with your partner or fight for your case in court. We can also help you negotiate alimony and spousal support. We can also answer any questions you have about how your divorce will affect your health and life insurance, taxes, retirement funds and other factors.

Child Custody and Support

For couples who have children, getting a divorce also brings into question who should gain custody of the children. We’ll help you fight for your case so you can have a favorable outcome in your child custody case, whether you wish to have primary custody or joint custody with your former spouse. We also provide guidance and representation when negotiating visitation agreements and child support payments so you or your spouse can receive necessary financial support to take care of your children.

Scale Icon

James D. Ward provides legal representation for the following cases:

Divorce ∘ Adoption ∘ Child Support and Custody ∘ Alimony and Spousal Support ∘ Legal Guardianship ∘ Marriage Modifications ∘ Domestic Violence ∘ And more

If need legal representation for your divorce proceedings, call 607-722-0999 (Binghamton) or 607-637-4791 (Hancock) for a free legal consultation.

Find us on Yellowone